OUSL Counselling Unit
|Someone to listen…..
As the affairs we go through daily become more complex in present day environment, we are faced with many challenges in life, you may have had a long day at work, unable to complete assignments on deadline, an argument with your spouse, may be your children are not behaving like they “should”, or you may just have something that is bothering you for no apparent reason.
Although you may handle life’s challenges on your own, sometimes a little outside help, a different or more objective point of view, can help you with putting your problems in different perspective and handling them more effectively, where the professional service we deliver at the counselling unit could help a great deal
The OUSL Counselling Unit aims to offer confidential and professional help to all enrolled students and staff members. We recognize the need to promote mental health and wellbeing of our students and staff. The OUSL Counselling Unit is administered by the Dept. of Psychology & Counselling.
How we can help…
The Counselling Unit will be committed to meet the needs of all students and staff members of the OUSL and we strive to create an environment where you can feel at home.
With Counselling, you have the opportunity to open up about your difficulties in a confidential, non-judgmental setting.
The counselling service is FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL.
The Counselling Unit will provide the following services:
|Work with the counsellor individual basis to address personal or emotional problems which may impact your academic, professional, or daily life.|
|Groups can provide an opportunity to explore oneself through view of others, provide platform to relate others, benefit from their experiences and support while offering them your own(Small Group workshops)
Note: All the members of the group must commit to confidentiality..
|The workshops conducted promoting mental health and skill training. They will be designed upon the requirements of respective departments or student facilities.
Please contact counsellors to get further information about workshops.
“Healthy Mind – Healthy life” Seminar 5 Global and Local Responses to the Mental Health and Psychosocial
|As we contribute for quality education, we provide tailormade skill training and staff development programs in counselling and psychology for the academic and non-academic staff members.|
Our counsellor will be available at the Counselling Unit, OUSL Health Centre – Nawala, on Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.00pm.
Drop-in at the Counselling Unit
Meet a Counsellor at one of the above consultation hours, on a first-come, first-served basis and/or by appointment at the Counselling Unit.
The Open University of Sri Lanka
Make an appointment:
Telephone : 0112881361 (Ext: 361)Please call during working hours of counsellor
Mobile : 070 251 0820 (WhatsApp Calls available)
Mrs. Hema Ranawake (Psychological Counsellor)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) – University of Colombo -1996
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology – University of Colombo- 2014
- Certified NLP Practitioner (American Board of NLP)- 2020
- Diploma in Primary teacher traning-2010
- Senior Manager (Alokaya Counselling Centre, Family Planning Association of Sri Lanka)-2018-2019
- Locum Counsellor (Alokaya Counselling Centre, Family Planning Association of Sri Lanka)-2015-2017
- Lecturer -Certificate course in Drama Therapy- SRH Institute-Family Planning Association of Sri Lanka- since 2016
- Voluntary Counsellor- Faculty of Science, University of Colombo
- Visiting Lecturer- NISD- Since 2015
- Voluntary Counsellor -Sahanaya, National Council for Mental Health. Colombo- 2015-2017