071 639 3715
Welcome to the Faculty of Health Sciences
The Faculty of Health Sciences comprises the Academic Departments of Nursing, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Pharmacy, Basic Sciences, Psychology & Counseling, and Health Education & Research. We currently offer distance education programmes leading to Nursing, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Pharmacy and Psychology Degree qualifications. These programmes aim to develop competent personnel who are capable of assuming leadership positions, both in the academic and clinical sectors. With the Faculty of Health Sciences, you will have the opportunity to enhance your knowledge and skills, work towards a qualification, further develop your career and indulge in a passion for life-long learning!
Mission of the Faculty of Health Sciences
To promote lifelong learning by facilitating learner centered open and distance educational opportunities in health and allied health sciences, with quality teaching and innovative research leading to excellence in collaborative professional practice.
- To offer ODL programmes and courses that exemplify a commitment to equitable opportunities, meeting the current and future needs of healthcare professionals and society
- To prepare healthcare professionals to improve the health and wellbeing of people, in collaboration with the inter professional team
- To encourage and support research in health and allied health sciences
- To facilitate continuous innovations in teaching-learning processes
- To promote collaborative practice among healthcare professionals and institutions for better health outcomes of the society
- To establish local and international partnerships for academic, research and community service initiatives
- To serve all stakeholders with efficiency, respect and integrity