General Inquiries: (+94) 011 2881 000 Exams/Certificates: (+94) 11-2881461 | (+94) 11-2881040 Regional Educational Services: Click Here
Mrs. Priyanga Munidasa
Senior Lecturer in Nursing(Grade II)
Nursing Faculty of Health Sciences
B.Sc. N(OUSL), M.Phil (Peradeniya), R.N.PB. Dip.
Colombo Regional Center, Department of Nursing, Faculty of Healthes, The Open University of Sri Lanka, Nawala, Nugegoda, Sri Lanka
Office: 11881325, Ext: 355 Fax: 9411280902
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
1. Master of Philosophy at Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka – 2016
2. Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Open University of Sri Lanka – 2007
3. Certificate course in Teaching in Higher Education from Open University of Sri Lanka – 2012
4. Diploma in Teaching and Supervision in Nursing conducted by Department of Health Services, Sri Lanka – 2007 to 2008
5. Midwifery (Theory and Practice) conducted by Medical Collage Council of Sri Lanka – 2006 to 2007
6. Passed CGFNS Qualifying Exam awarded by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA (Certificate No. 0004372398) – 2006
7. Passed the National Council Licensure Examination for Registerd Nurses (NCLEX-RN) conducted by National Council of State Boards of Nursing (Candidate ID – 21060556) – 2007
8. Three Years General Nursing Diploma in School of Nursing, Ratnapura conducted by Department of Health Services, Sri Lanka –
1. Registered Nurse (RN) at Sri Lanka Medical Council (License No. 18728)
2. Registered Nurse (RN) at Vermont Board of Nursing, USA (License No. 026.0041064)
3. Worked as Staff Nurse at Neuro Surgical Intensive Care Unit, The National Hospital Of Sri Lanka, Colombo – 2001 to 2006
4. Worked as Nursing Tutor at School of Nursing, Kandy, Sri Lanka – August 2008 to May 2009
5. Visiting Academic in Nursing at Kandy Regional Centre, The Open University of Sri Lanka – January 2009 to May 2009
6. Lecturer in Nursing at Department of Health Sciences, Faculty of Natural Sciences, The Open University of Sri Lanka – May 2009 to date.
2001 to present – Sri Lanka Nurses Association
2006 to present – Graduate Nurses Foundation of Sri Lanka
2009 to present – Sri Lanka Federation of University Women
2009 to present – Federation of University Teachers Association
Areas of Specialization:
Occupational Health Nursing
Health Statistics, Community Health, Primary Health Care
University Grants Commission of Sri Lanka – International Mobility Support Award – 2015
University Grants Commission – Queensland University of Technology Joint PhD Scholarship Award – 2016
Proceedings of the International Conference on Public Health Innovations from 2nd to 4th May 2013 organized by WHO Collaborating Centre, National Institute of Health Sciences, Kalutara, Sri Lanka. (Poster)
Munidasa, K.G.P.K., Pethiyagoda, K., and Samarasinghe, K. (2013). Validation of selected section of Nordic Musculoskeletal Questionnaire to use as a tool to identify musculoskeletal disorders in Sri Lankan hospital nurses. Abs. International Conference on Public Health Innovations. 2nd – 4th May, 2013. National Institute of Health Sciences, Sri Lanka.
The proceedings of the 19th Triennial Congress of the International Ergonomics Association (IEA), Melbourne, 9-14 August, 2015 organized by International Ergonomics Association. (Poster)
Munidasa, K.G.P.K., Pethiyagoda, K., and Samarasinghe, K. (2013). Study on Musculo- Skeletal Disorders and Related Factors among Female Nurses in Central Province of Sri Lanka.(917)
Oral Presentation – At31st International Congress on Occupational Health from May 31st to June 5th, 2015, COEX Convention Centre, Seoul, South Korea.
Munidasa, K.G.P.K., Pethiyagoda, K., and Samarasinghe, K. (2013). Study on Musculo- Skeletal Disorders and Related Factors among Female Nurses in Central Province of Sri Lanka. Abs. 31st International Congress on Occupational Health. 31st May – 5th June, 2015, Seoul, South Korea.
Speaker at 14th Greentech Occupational Health Safety and Fire Conference 2015 from 24 – 25 July 2015, Goa, India on the topic of ” Musculoskeletal Problems and Related Factors of Nurses”.