Ph.D. (Colombo), B.I.T. , B.Sc (comp.phy.Sp). , M.I.P. (SL)
Department of Physics
3rd floor, Science and Technology building, Room No : W5
Tel : (+94)11-2881242 (242)
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Where I came from…
I got my primary education at K/Kamburugoda Vidyalaya and secondary education at Royal College Colombo.
I was an undergraduate at the university of colombo and specialized in computaional physics.
I also completed the Bachelor of Information Technology from UCSC.
I’ve completed my Ph.D. in the field of robotics and computer vision
My academic interststs….
I like to teach others. Its my second nature. I also like to invent new things and currently have several patents.
I believe in cross deciplinary research. Most of my researches are not limited to physics. They vary from studying animal behaviours to predicting share market.
My favourite subjects include, physics, computer science, biology and philosophy.
I like to live a simple life style.
You can find latest updates on my researches from this research gate link.
PYU 4164: Advance Electrionics
PYU 2165: Mathematical mehtods for physics
PYU 2262: Electronics
B.Sc. Resarch Projects
PYF 2204 : Foundation course in science
Area of Specialization Electronics, Computer Vision, ANN, embedded systems
Research Interests Artificial Intelligence, Biomimicry, Electronics, Cross disciplinary research
Publications / Conferences
- M.C. Nuwan, G.D.Illeperuma,” Touch screen based on acoustic pulse localization “, Annals. Computer Science Series
Vol 13 – 1,ISSN: 1583-7165 : [ ISSN: 2065-7471978-1-63248-033-0-19 ]
- G.D.Illeperuma ,D.U.J.Sonnadara,” Simulation of optical flow and fuzzy based obstacle avoidance system for mobile robots “, International Journal of Artificial Intelligence and Neural Networks. Volume 5: Issue 1 [ISSN : 2250 – 3749]
- G.D.Illeperuma ,D.U.J.Sonnadara,” Simulation of optical flow and fuzzy based obstacle avoidance system for mobile robots “,Proc. of the Second Intl. Conf. on Advances in Applied Science and Environmental Engineering,ISBN: 978-1-63248-033-0 doi: 10.15224/ 978-1-63248-033-0-19
- Illeperuma G.D . “ Generating True Random Numbers Based On Chua’s Circuit ”,Wayamba International Conference ,2014, DOI: 10.13140/2.1.5107.3281
- Illeperuma G.D ., Sonnadara D.U.J., “ Optical flow based autonomous robot navigation ” , (ICIIS conference 2011), IEEE (CFP1158A-CDR) ISBN: 978-1-4547-0034-7 , p 77
- Illeperuma G.D . “ Using image processing to automate chess game recording ” Institute of Physics Sri Lanka, Proceedings of 27th technical session, 2011, ISSN 2012-8975 , p 76 -83
- Illeperuma G.D ., Sonnadara D.U.J., “ Simulation of optical flow using Simulink ”, 28th National Information Technology Conference (NITC), 2010, ISBN:978-955-9155-18-8 , p -31
- Illeperuma G.D ., Sonnadara D.U.J., “ Forecasting droughts using artificial neural networks ” National symposium on disaster management, Sri Lanka, 2009,. ISBN: 978-955-9321-11-8 p- 51
- Illeperuma G.D ., Sonnadara D.U.J., “Object tracking using optical flow”, Annual Research Symposium, University of Colombo (2011)
- M.S.M.Aoos,R.Weerasinghe,A.S.Pannila ,G.D.lleperuma,” Radio Frequency Based Street Light Management System “,Institute of Physics,Sri Lanka,29 thTechnical Sessions, 29 ,2013,ISSN 1391-5800,p 49-56
- Patent “Using polaroid plated camera flashers and lense system to avoid unwanted illuminations in photographs ands videos’ ( LK/P/1/15122 )
- Patent Pending “Portable electronic device for sensory substitution to aid visually impaired people” (LK\P\1\16801)
- Patent Pending “Electronic circuit for true random number generation”
- Automated quad copter robot navigation based on computer vision
- Applications of chaotic behaviour on random number generation
- Massieve ANN based on CUDA
|M.Sc. In Applied Electronics||UOC||2014||C.C.V. Pathirana||Development of a curve tracer for a diode/ transistor|
|M.Sc. In Applied Electronics||UOC||2014||Duleeka Munasinghe||Design a wireless transmitter and receiver for transmitting analogue data|
|M.Sc. In Applied Electronics||UOC||2015||HSL Perera||A Gripper based on jamming transition of particles|
|M.Sc. In Applied Electronics||UOC||2015||H.T.M.D Leelananda||Microcontroller based heart beat monitor|
|B.Sc. Computational Physics Sp.||UOC||2015||Sameera Sandaruwan||Optical flow based collision warning system|
|B.Sc.||OUSL||2015||K.C. Nilmini||Electronic stethescope|
|B.Sc.||OUSL||2015||M. Chamithara Nuwan||Acoustic touch screen|
|B.Sc.||OUSL||2015||Chatra bulathsinghala||Computerised particle tracking system|