Centre for Quality Assurance (CQA) is established in accordance with the UGC Circular No.9 of 2019. The policy decisions and monitoring of the progress of QA actions come under the preview of the Senate Standing Committee on Quality Assurance (SCQA). CQA is responsible for development and implementation of QA programmes across the University under the direction of the SCQA.
The CQA has been established by amending By Law No. 14 of the Internal Quality Assurance Unit on 1 January 2020.
Composition of the Senate Standing Committee:
- Vice Chancellor (Chairperson)
- Deputy Vice Chancellor
- Director, CQA
- Deans of all Faculties of the OUSL.
- Director/Centre for Educational Technology and Media (CETMe).
- Director/ Regional Educational Services (RES)
- Representatives of the Faculty Quality Assurance cells
- Representative of the Quality Assurance cell of the Administrative Divisions.
- Representative / Academic division, CETMe
- Registrar (or his/her nominee)
- Bursar (or his/her nominee)
- Librarian (or his/her nominee)
- Director – Staff Development Centre
- Director/Public Information
- Director/Student Welfare
The Assistant Registrar CQA shall be the Convener and Secretary of the QS Standing Committee.