The Quality Assurance Cell (QAC) of the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) has been established in compliance with the quality assurance system established by the of the Open University of Sri Lanka and aligned with the guidelines of the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Sri Lanka. The QAC was established to ensure the quality and standards of the academic programmes offered by the FMS and are maintained in order to meet the global demands and challenges of higher education sector .The QAC is headed by the Dean of the Faculty of Management Studies and consists of a Chairperson and representatives of four academic departments. The QAC meets once a month to implement FMS QAC action plan. The QAC guides four departments by facilitating workshops, seminars, and trainings enabling sustainable development in the degree programmes offered by the Faculty of Management Studies.
Following are the Functions and Responsibilities,
FQAC shall function as the unit responsible for Quality Assurance (QA) within the Faculty of Management Studies that includes four (04) academic departments. Functions and responsibilities of the FQAC shall include amongst others, the following as defined by the Senate Sub Committee on QA of the OUSL established through University By -Law Number 14.
- Coordination of all QA related activities in the
- Facilitate the implementation of QA reviews/Monitoring follow up action in the
- Provide guidance and monitoring of Department level QA
- Share good practices between academic
- Conduct at Faculty level QA related awareness programmes for staff members & students of the
- Prepare an annual action plan for the Faculty and obtain approval from Senate Sub Committee on QA before commencement of a calendar year and
- Reporting about QA activities at Department, Faculty Board and the Senate Sub Committee on QA
- Conduct/facilitate QA related research work for the
- Dissemination of QA outcomes where appropriate through prospectus, Website, Annual Report
———————————————-News and Updates——————————————
Online Workshop on Quality Assurance conducted by Sri Lanka Standard Institution held on 08th August 2022
Discussion with assistant directors of all regional/study centers and members of faculty of management studies held on 24th June 2022
Handy tips on how to Publish in a Top-tier Research Journals, the online seminar was held on 30th November 2021
Awareness Session of Quality Assurance Practices, the online seminar was held in 29th September 2021
Online Seminar, Inserting OUSL Templates – Guide for using OUSL “House Style” the online seminar was held in 24th September 2021
Online Discussion of Policy on Student Engagement in Quality Assurance of the Open University of Sri Lanka was held on 09th July 2021.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Course Team Members of the Open University of Sri Lanka , the online seminar was held in 11th June 2021.
Discussion with assistant directors of all regional/study centers and members of faculty of management studies was held in 21st June 2021.
Email : email@example.com Telephone: 0112 881 255