General Inquiries: (+94) 011 2881 000 Exams/Certificates: (+94) 11-2881461 | (+94) 11-2881040 Regional Educational Services: Click Here
Master of Arts in Education
The Degree of Master of Arts in Education programme is a 60 credits programme of two (02) academic years. It consists of two levels (Level 9: coursework, and Level 10: two taught courses and a research dissertation).
• To expand opportunities for postgraduate studies in the field of Education and for those who are already serving in the field of education
• To develop knowledge, attitudes and skills of individuals to act as leaders, consultants and resource personnel in education
• To enhance capacity development in professional reflection, judgment, decision-making and practice to address various issues in the field of education
• To promote research in the field of education
• Master of Education degree with coursework (SLQF 9) with a minimum GPA of 3.00 from the Open University of Sri Lanka or any other university recognized by the UGC, or
• An equivalent or higher qualification acceptable to the Senate.