About the Quality Assurance Cell
The Quality Assurance (QA) Cell of the Faculty of Health Sciences, formulated as an integral component of the institutional QA system, seeks to strengthen the academic and administrative performance of the Faculty and promote measures for quality enhancement through internalisation of a quality culture. The Faculty QA cell is guided by the QA framework of the University and the Internal Quality Assurance Unit (IQAU) of the OUSL.
The Faculty QA Cell consists of members from the Departments of Nursing, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Pharmacy, Basic Sciences, and the Psychology & Counselling of the Faculty of Health Sciences. It is headed by the Faculty Coordinator who represents the Faculty of Health Sciences at the Board of the IQAU.
- Coordination of all QA related activities in the Faculty
- Monitor progress of QA activities initiated by the Cell/Departments.
- Share good practices across Departments
- Obtain feedback from students/internal and external staff and other stakeholders on services / products, including the facilitation of student feedback surveys on day schools, peers, courses, online courses, laboratory sessions.
- Provide analyzed results on feedback surveys to the Departments to facilitate incorporation of relevant findings to improve the performance.
- Develop Faculty specific QA tools, guidelines and manuals
- Conduct QA related awareness programmes among staff members.
- Develop relationships and liaise with other QA cells of the University to share best practices
- Collaborate with national and international agencies and universities on QA activities in consultation with the IQAU.
- Prepare an annual work plan and obtain approval from the Board of Management of the IQAU, before the commencement of a calendar year
- Report regularly on the QA activities at the Faculty Board meetings and at the IQAU meetings
- Facilitate the implementation of QA reviews / monitoring follow-up action in the Departments
Annual Action Plan
- QA Action Plan 2020
- QA Action Plan 2019 Progress
- QA Action Plan 2019
- QA Action Plan 2018 Progress
- QA Action Plan 2018
Staff Development Activities
- Exel@FHS – Capacity Enhancement Training Workshop Series
- Staff Talk – Workshop Series
- Awareness Programs on Quality Assurance in ODL/Faculty Academic Activities
Title: “” Reliability and Validity of the Quality Assessment Tools used in the Open University of Sri Lanka”.
Students Feedback Forms
- Day School
- Lab classes/field visits
- Overall course delivery
- Needs survey from prospective students
Evaluation forms for Quality Assurance of OUSL’s activities
- Monitoring of Academic performance
- Peer evaluation form
- Examination paper Header page
- FHS Moderator’s feedback form
Standard Operating Procedures