Dr. M. Punchimudiyanse
Ph.D. (University of Sri Jayewardenepura), M.Sc. (University of Moratuwa), B.Sc. Sp. (Colombo)
Department of Computer Science
3rd floor, Science and Technology building, Room No : 347
Tel : 0112881098 (598)
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
I received my first degree Bachelor of Science from University of Colombo Specialized in Computer Science in 2002. I did my Master of Science degree specialized in computer networks at University of Moratuwa in year 2007. I have completed my Ph.D. in 2017 for a thesis titled Real time translation of Sinhala to Sinhala Language at University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
I have joined The Open University of Sri Lanka (OUSL) in 2004 as assistant network manager of the university and later joined the department of mathematics and computer science as probationary lecturer in year 2009. I am currently attached to the Department of Computer Science in the Faculty of Natrual sciences at OUSL..I have experience in planning, implementation of computer networks and systems in both Linux based, and Windows based platforms. I am currently the Microsoft Imagine Programme coordinator for The Open University of Sri Lanka.
CSU4300/CSU5315/CPU3242 – Operating Systems , CSU4303/CSU5316/CPU3245 – Computer Networks
Area of Specialization Computer Networks and Security, Sinhala Sign Language, Speech Recognition, Systems Virtualization, Operating Systems, 3D animation
Research Interests Computer Networks, Sinhala Sign Language, Speech Recognition, Machine Translation, 3D animation
- M. Punchimudiyanse and R.G.N. Meegama, Animation of Fingerspelled Words and Number Signs of the Sinhala Sign Language, ACM Transactions on Asian and Low Resource Language Information Processing, vol. 16, no. 4, 2017 [SCIe]
- M. Punchimudiyanse and R. G. N. Meegama, Computer Interpreter for Translating Written Sinhala to Sinhala Sign Language, OUSL Journal, vol. 12, no. 1, 2017. pp 70-90.
- M. Punchimudiyanse and R.G.N. Meegama, Web based Automated Speech-to-Text Translator for the Sinhala Language, National Information Technology Conference (NITC), Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2016.
- M. Punchimudiyanse, J.P.P. Tharanga and E.M.S.S. Edirisinghe, Software PABX pilot deployment in campus network of the open university of sri lanka, Annual Academic Sessions, The Open University of Sri Lanka, 2016.
- M. Punchimudiyanse and R.G.N. Meegama, 3D Signing Avatar for Sinhala Sign Language, IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, Kandy, Sri Lanka, 2015.
- M. Punchimudiyanse and R.G.N. Meegama, Unicode Sinhala and Phonetic English Bidirectional Conversion for Sinhala Speech Recognizer, IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, Kandy, Sri Lanka, 2015.
- M. Punchimudiyanse and R.G.N. Meegama, 3D Animation Framework for Sign Language, International Conference on Engineering and Technology, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2015
- M. Punchimudiyanse, Utilization of Mobile Technology and Security Algorithms to Prevent Forgery of National Identity Cards of the Citizens of Sri Lanka – A Concept Paper, Annual Academic Sessions, The Open University of Sri Lanka, pp. 50-53, 2013.
- M. Punchimudiyanse, Strategies in hardening and protection mechanisms for a Linux based email system, Annual Academic Sessions, The Open University of Sri Lanka, 2012.
- M. Punchimudiyanse, Environment monitoring system for distributed network cabinets in typical campus network, IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS 2007), Kandy, Sri Lanka, 2007.
Google Scholar Profile: : https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=FHQQQaMAAAAJ
Research Gate profile : https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Malinda_Punchimudiyanse
Tamil to Tamil Sign Language Translation ( 2019 onwards)