General Inquiries: (+94) 011 2881 000 Exams/Certificates: (+94) 11-2881461 | (+94) 11-2881040 Regional Educational Services: Click Here
Diploma in English Language & Literature
The Diploma in English Language and Literature is a one-year academic programme designed to meet the needs of students who wish to enhance their English language and communication skills. This programme also introduces students to the major literary genres: poetry, fiction and drama.For Whom
This programme will be of special interest to –
Those interested in developing their communication skills in English and gaining a basic knowledge of English Literature.
Teachers of English who wish to enhance their understanding and appreciation of English language and literature.
Those interested in obtaining a higher academic qualification in English
• Passed the OUSL Certificate in Professional English (after 2012) with a minimum of 3 “C” grades, or
• Passed the OUSL Advanced Certificate in English for Business and Professional Communication Stage II, with a minimum of two (02) ‘B+’ grades in LSC 2212/ LEC 2504 and LSC 2214/ LEC 2406, and a minimum of two (02) ‘B-’ grades in LSC 2213/ LEC 2405 and LSC 2215/ LEC 2407, or
• Obtained a minimum of three (03) passes at the G.C.E (A/L) Examination, or
• Passed any foundation course offered by the OUSL, or
• An equivalent or higher qualification acceptable to the OUSL Senate,
• Pass the selection test for the above programme conducted by the Department of Language Studies.