General Inquiries: (+94) 011 2881 000 Exams/Certificates: (+94) 11-2881461 | (+94) 11-2881040 Regional Educational Services: Click Here
Bachelor of Pharmacy Honours
This programme aims to develop a graduate with knowledge, skills and attitudes to become a competent pharmacist who can effectively contribute to the needs and challenges of the pharmacy profession.:
The objectives of this programme are to:
Provide up to date theoretical and applied knowledge in the Pharmacy discipline
Enable students to recognize core areas of Pharmacy discipline which includes pharmacy practice and pharmaceutical sciences
Train students to utilize their understanding of fundamental knowledge to practice as a pharmacist
Develop technical and transferable skills needed to practice as a Pharmacist
Encourage innovation through research
Build ethical and professional conduct
Encourage continuous personal and professional development through lifelong learning
The Bachelor of Pharmacy Honours Degree consists of courses at Levels 3, 4, 5 and 6. The total academic value of the courses of the programme is 120 credits comprising 30 credits at each of the Levels.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications
• Minimum three (03) Pass grades in one sitting in the Science stream, including a Credit pass (C) in Chemistry, at the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination.
• Certificate of Proficiency or Efficiency in Pharmacy, Ministry of Health , Sri Lanka or Diploma in Pharmacy, University of Colombo. AND
• Minimum Simple pass (S) for English at the G.C.E (O/L) Examination, or
• An equivalent or higher qualification acceptable to the OUSL Senate.
• Pass the selection test conducted for the purpose of admission
This Undergraduate programme is conducted by the Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health Sciences. Download Prospectusor Contact Head, Department of Pharmacy, Ms. R. B. J. Buddhika for further details.
Dept. of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health Sciences, Open University of Sri Lanka, Nawala, Nugegoda