BA in Social Sciences is a multi-disciplinary study programme starting at Level 3. Each year is divided into two semesters. During each semester, you can offer courses worth a maximum of 15 credits. To complete the programme, you need to have a total of 90 credits. Each year you will offer a combination of compulsory and elective courses. In addition, you will have to offer what are known as ‘Continuing Education’ (CE) courses. You can select up to 8 credits of CE courses each year. Some of the CE courses, such as English, are compulsory.This degree is offered in the English medium and it offers you the opportunity to obtain a multi-disciplinary social science training while selecting a stream in which you can obtain a special orientation. Students who register for the programme can choose from the following 4 streams.
1. Economics and Development Studies
2. Communication Studies
3. Politics and International Relations
4. Society and Culture Studies
• A minimum of three (03) passes at the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination in any stream, or
• Any foundation programme offered by the OUSL, or
• A minimum of 30 Credits at SLQF Level 2 or above from any programme approved by the OUSL Senate, or
• Qualification or accredited work experience equivalent to NVQF Level 4, or
• An equivalent or higher qualification acceptable to the OUSL Senate.