General Inquiries: (+94) 011 2881 000 Exams/Certificates: (+94) 11-2881461 | (+94) 11-2881040 Regional Educational Services: Click Here
Mr. Lalith. A. Samaliarachchi
Senior Lecturer (G I)
Electrical and Computer Engineering Faculty of Engineering Technology
Colombo Regional Center, Block#18, Dept. of Electrical and Comp. Eng., Faculty of Engineering Technology, Open University of Sri Lanka, Nawala, Nuggoda, Sri lanka
Office: 112881332, Ext: 332 Mobile: +94766993043
I am a Graduate from University of Moratuwa (1981-Jan), Sri Lanka. Specialized in the field of electrical power engineering, and obtained M. Eng. in the field of Energy Planning (1983) from Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand. Having gained Twenty three years of progressive planning experience in the areas of power Generation/Transmission/Distribution at Saudi Electricity Company in the eastern region of Saudi Arabia as a senior Planning engineer and at Ceylon Electricity Board, Sri-Lanka, I have obtained MIEE(UK), C.Eng (UK) in 1990 and MIE (SL), C.Eng (IESL) in 2013.
Area of Specification:
Power System Planning Operation and Control
Power System Reliability Evaluation
Power System Quality
Bachelor of Technology Honors in Engineering
EEX7432-Power Systems Planning Operation and Control-Academic & Course coordinator
EEX4434-Electrical Installations-Academic & Course coordinator
Designing of an automated load balancing system for low voltage distribution network
Developing a Comprehensive Lightning Protection Assessment for Outdoor Substations using 3D Analysis
Development of an algorithm to mitigate negative impacts caused by high PV level penetration of grid connected solar on MV-LV distribution feeders
Elimination of neutral overloading owing to Locally generated harmonics in Baddegama area
Generalized Regenerative Braking Model for proposed Railway electrification in Sri lanka
Hybrid system in Delft island
Impact of Load and Load-length on Low voltage Network losses
An empirical Study on Regenerative Braking in Sri Lankan Railway Electrification
1. Samaliarachchi, Lalith A. & Mudannayake, Anuradha N., Eastern Area Power System Reinforcement Study, ENGINEER, Journal of the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka, Vol:XXXX, NO:01, January 2007, ISSN-1800-1122, pp 71-82
3. Kumara Galathara G. M. N. K., Samaliarachchi Lalith A. & Sooriyadasa S. M. D. P. K.,
Optimization of the Accuracy of Semi-Indirect Metering System, ENGINEER, Journal of the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka, Vol:XLVII, NO:03, July 2014, ISSN-1800-1122, pp 1-11
6. Sasikala R.H.G, Samaliarachchi L. A., Dissanayake U.S., Capacity Enhancement of Micro Hydro Power Plant at Demodara Tea Estate for Net Metering, Journal of Engineering and Technology of The Open University of Sri Lanka, Vol 05. No. 01, 2017.
8. Gunarathna B.B.M.P., Premaratne I.A., Samaliarachchi L. A., A Method to Determine the Required Storage Capacity to Create Virtual Inertia for Solar PV Generation, Journal of Engineering and Technology of the Open University of Sri Lanka, Vol 06. No. 01. 2018.
9. Nawarathna L.G.R.I, Samaliarachchi L. A., Optimal Utilization of Renewable Energy Resources Available at Ridiyagama NLDB Farm to meet its own Power and Energy demand, Journal of Engineering and Technology of The Open University of Sri Lanka, Vol 07. No. 01, 2019.