General Inquiries: (+94) 011 2881 000 Exams/Certificates: (+94) 11-2881461 | (+94) 11-2881040 Regional Educational Services: Click Here
Mr. Jalaldeen Careemdeen
Secondary and Tertiary Education Faculty of Education
Senior Lecturer Gr ii
Central Campus, 2nd floor, Education Faculty building, Room No : W5
Office: 112881398, Ext: 398 Mobile: 770564315
I am from Silmiyapura, Boragas approximately 10 KMs from Nuwera Eliya. I attend B/ Al Murshid M. Maha Vidiyalaya Silmiyapura for my primary and secondary education. I have three (03) years of experience as working government school teacher under Ministry of Education Sri Lanka. I joined as a lecturer probationary on 03.03.0.2011 at Department of secondary and Tertiary Education, Faculty of Education, The Open University of Sri Lanka and promoted as a Senior Lecturer from 2016 at the same department.
My home town is Welimada and I attended B/Al Murshid MMV Silmiyapura,After serving as a Govt teacher for 03 years, I joined the Open University in 2011 as a Lecturer. I am reading Master of Education at University Of Colombo.
Area of Specification:
Educational Pshychology, Sociology of Education, Islam Methods, Social Studies Methods and Curriculum Development
Educational Technology and Sociology of Education
Master Teacher Coordinator (Tamil Medium)
Mentoring Coordinator (Tamil Medium)
Child Rights ESP 2109
Educationaol Technology ESP 2204?ÿ (Isalm Methods and Primary Methods)
RESEARCH, SCHOLARSHIP AND CREATIVE WORK
01. Submitted Research Dissertation on Bachelor of Education Degree,
Factors Related to Computer Use by Teachers in Classroom Instruction. (2008).
02. Submitted Research Dissertation on Master of Education Degree, Effectiveness of International Computer Driving License (ICDL) training provided to secondary schools’ teachers (In Badulla District). (2014).
Peer Reviewed International Journal
03. Submitted and published a full paper on “Perceptions of the Assignment Marking Examiners on the Assignment Marking Mechanism of The Post Graduate Diploma in Education Program” for the Online International Journal of Sai Om Journal of Arts & Education: A Peer Reviewed International Journal: (Online ISSN-2348-3520) Volume 3, Issue 3 (April, 2016).
04. Submitted and published a full paper on “ The Impact of International Computer Driving License (ICDL) Training on Classroom Computer Use by Secondary School Teachers (Special Reference on Badulla District in Sri Lanka)” for the Online International Journal of Sai Om journal of Commerce and Management: A Peer Reviewed International journal (Online ISSN 2347-7571) Volume 2, November 12, 2015.
PEER REVIEWED PRESENTATIONS AT NATIONAL / INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES/SYMPOSIA
06. Factors Related to Computer Use by Teachers in Classroom Instruction, Jaffna University International Research Conference – December 18-19, 2014. Proceedings of Jaffna University International Research Conference – 2014.
07. Investigation on Appropriateness of the Course Content of Seven International Computer Driving License Modules in the Context of Sri Lanka. 04th International Conference on Management and Economics, 27-28 August 2015, Faculty of Management and Finance, University of Ruhuna, Matara Sri Lanka. Full Paper published in the conference proceedings.
08. Contribution of International Computer Driving License (ICDL) Training of Secondary School Teachers to the Class Room Teaching Learning Scenario. Annual Academic sessions on 19th and 28th November 2015 at the Open University of Sri Lanka.
09. Perception of the Teachers’ on the ICDL Training (A Study Based on Secondary Schools In Badulla District), 2nd International Research Symposium Rajarata University of Sri Lanka, 29-30 October 2014. Symposium Proceedings – IRSYRU -2014.
10. A Study on the Students’ Perception on Print Study Material of the Post Graduate Diploma in Education (Tamil Medium Programme), 7th Research Conference, 27th -29th March 2014 at The Royal Asiatic Society of Sri Lanka. Abstract published in the conference proceedings.
11. The Use of Internet by Secondary School Teachers in the Badulla District, 8th Research Conference, 26th -28th March 2015 at The Royal Asiatic Society of Sri Lanka. Abstract published in the conference proceedings.
12. Usage of Computer Technology by Tamil Language Teachers in Teaching Learning Process (Special reference on Welimada Educational Zone), First International Research Symposium 25th November 2012, Pioneer Institute Of Business and Technology International (PIBT) and Technology International Research Symposium (TIRS) in collaboration with the School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences, (CMS) University of Greenwich. Abstract published in the conference proceedings.
13. The Effectiveness of International Computer Driving License (ICDL) Training provided to Secondary Schools Teachers (A Study Based on Secondary Schools in Badulla District). Peradeniya University International Research Sessions 2015 Volume 19, 5th and 6th November 2015. Proceedings of Peradeniya University International Research sessions.
14. The Impact of Information Communication Technology (ICT) Training courses on Classroom Computer Use by Secondary School Teachers (Special Reference on Welimada Zone), 4th International Conference Eastern University (ICE 2016), 10th 11th March 2016. Abstract published in the conference proceedings and Full Paper will be published in the conference proceedings.
The Socio – Environmental Support and Socio – Educational Participations Towards Educational Wellbeing Among Secondary School Children in Sri Lanka
SCHOLARLY WORK- CHAPTERS AND BOOKS OF SCHOLARLY WORK (OTHER THAN TEXTBOOKS) PUBLISHED IN THE RELEVANT FIELD
01. Published a book for the field of Educational Sociology under Kumaran Book House Publications, Colombo- Chennai, “fy;tpr; r%ftpaYk; etPd nry;newpfSk;” –(Educational Sociology and Modern Trends)- ISBN 978-955-659-517-8
02. A book was published by the Faculty of Education on integrating OER in educational practice: Practitioners stories -ISBN 978-955-23-1516-8. As one of the authors of this book (chapter vi). It was written based on a research study
03. tpidj;jpwd;kpf;f Mrpupaupd; gz;Gfs; (Qualities of an Effective Teacher) PAARVAI ( ghu;it) Vol-6, 2016, Published by Faculty of Education, The Open University of Sri Lanka.
04. tFg;giw fw;wy; – fw;gpj;jy; nrad;Kiwapy; fzpdpapd; gad;ghL (Usage of computer Technology in Teaching Learning Process) PAARVAI ( ghu;it) Vol- 03, 2013 Published by Faculty of Education, The Open University of Sri Lanka.
05. ,Ugj;jpnahuhk; Ehw;whz;bd; Mrpupaupd; epiykhWk; tfpghfk; ( Changing Role of 21st Century teacher)PAARVAI ( ghu;it) Vol-5, 2015, Published by Faculty of Education, The Open University of Sri Lanka.