Mr. Duminda de Silva
B.Sc. (Honors)(University of Colombo, SL), M.Sc. (Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand)
Department of Computer Science
Science and Technology Building, The Open University of Sri Lanka, Nawala, Nugegoda.
Tel : +94112881225 (225)
E-Mail : email@example.com
I received a Masters Degree in 2002 from the Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand. I was working under the supervision of Dr.Peter Haddawy. For the masters degree, I worked in the area of Knowledge Based Artificial Neural Networks(KBANN). In 1995, I graduated from University of Colombo with an Honors Degree specializing in the area of Computer Science. In 1995, I worked as a Software developer at the OpenArc Systems Management (Pvt) Ltd. and then joined the Open University of Sri Lanka as a Temporary Demonstrator in 1996. Since then, I have been serving in different capacities starting from Temporary Demonstrator to Temporary Lecturer, Probationary Lecturer, Senior Lecturer Gr II and now as a Senior Lecturer Gr I.
- Short Course in Computer Networks & Security – CCNS
- Short Course in Professional Computer Applications – CPCA
- Short Course in Professional Web Development Using Joomla & WordPress
- Short Course in Computer Networks and Security
- Short Course in Advance Web Development
- Short Course in ICT for Beginners
- Short Course in Enhancing Teacher Capacities in Teaching ICT
- CSU3200 – Introduction to Programming
- CSU3301 – Database Designing and Implementation
- CSU3302 – Data Structures and Algorithms
- CSE3213 – ICT Skills
- “e-TimeTabler: An Automated Activity Scheduling System For the Faculty of Natural Sciences : A Challenge!”, with J.P.P. Tharanga. Abstract published in the Annual Academic Sessions Proceedings, 2009.
- “Paper Master – An Automated System to conduct the Selection test of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, with ChamareeMunasinghe. Abstract published in the Annual Academic Sessions Proceedings, 2009.
- “A study on the usage of Short Message Service and its enhancement in learner support at the Faculty of Natural Sciences”, with J.P.P. Tharanga, and Jayasooriya. Research paper presented at the OUSL Annual Academic Sessions – 2012, held in February, 2013, at The Open University of Sri Lanka. Abstract published in conference proceedings.