Industry Advisory Board (IAB)
The Mechanical Engineering Department’s Industry Advisory Board (IAB) comprises of highly respected leaders in industry and academia from a wide spectrum of organizations that are strongly involved in the application of Mechanical/Mechatronics engineering fields as well as other inter-disciplinary Engineering fields.
The main objective of the IAB is to closely work with the industry to strengthen the Department-Industry linkage to develop up-to-date curricula keeping up with the emerging areas of international and national relevance and provide professional guidance to the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
In addition, the IAB shall assist the Department in;
- building a strong foundation of support and communication between the industry and the department.
- developing/updating industrial training curricular to suite the current industrial requirements.
- placing undergraduate students in respective training institutes.
- assigning and supervision of undergraduate research projects.
- developing short courses/programmes in accordance to the national requirements.
- disseminating of knowledge and expertise by means of day-schools, seminars and other forms of interactive sessions.
- enhancing the knowledge of the staff through staff research projects.