General Inquiries: (+94) 011 2881 000 Exams/Certificates: (+94) 11-2881461 | (+94) 11-2881040 Regional Educational Services: Click Here
Eng.(Mrs.) P.R. Dadigamuwa
Senior Lecturer (G I)
Mechanical Engineering Faculty of Engineering Technology
Central Campus, 1st floor, Science and Technology building, Room No : E107
Office: 112881025, Ext: 525
Eng.(Mrs.) P.R. Dadigamuwa is a Senior Lecturer attached to Mechanical Engineering Department at the Open University of Sri Lanka. She graduated from University of Moratuwa in the field of Materials Engineering in 1983 and joined the Open University of Sri Lanka in 1984 as an Assistant Lecturer. She has completed Phil degree in OUSL in the area of Glass Technology and holding the Chartered Engineering qualification from IESL.
Presently she is serving as a academic coordinator for the courses Management for Engineers (DMM5836/DMM6601), Introduction to Engineering Materials (DMX3203) and Materials Engineering (DMX5204).
Areas of Specialization:
Materials Engineering related research.
Served as Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering for a period of three years from 2008 to 2011.
Served as Engineering Faculty representative in the Senate and Bylaws committee for period of three years.
Served as the Chairman for Student Registration committee, Activity Diary committee, Qualification Evaluation committee and TEC committees.
Served as a chair person in Course Development committees for the courses Management for Engineers, Introduction to Engineering Materials and Materials Engineering.
Academic coordinator for Introduction to Engineering Materials, Materials Engineering, and Management for Engineers courses
She has been awarded for serving at the Open University for 25 years, 30 years and 35 years.
1. Dadigamuwa, P. R, Annealing of Glass, OUR journal, 1995, Vol (4) page 31 to 43, Open University of Sri Lanka
2. Dadigamuwa, P. R, Influence of Lehr parameters on Annealing – SLAAS annual sessions, 1992
3. Dadigamuwa P. R and Senanayake S A M A N S (2012)Motivating factors that Affect enrolment and student performance in an ODL Engineering programme-IRR ODL-Vol.13 No 1 (2012)
4. Senanayake S A M A N S, Liyanage K N H P and Dadigamuwa P R (2005), Factors affecting on student unsuccessfulness in Engineering programmes in distance education- International journal of Instructional Technology and Distance learning, June 2005, Volume 2 Number 6
5.Y.M.W.G.S.D. Vijebandara, Eng. P.R.Dadigamuwa, Dr. H.D.Goonatilleke, Copper separation from burned out charcoal-copper mixture (Wastage recycling)- European journal of Advances in Engineering Technology, ,(www.ejaet.com), 2015 2(12): 21-24
Saving Energy Consumption in Glass Printing Lehr-European journal of Advances in Engineering Technology, (www.ejaet.com), 2016.3(11):42-45
7.H.G.D. Chandrakumara, N.S.M.P. Sadaruwan, Eng. T.S.S. Jatunnarachchi, Eng.P.R.Dadigamuwa Minimizing fuel consumption in printing process of Glass bottle industry-SLAAAS, 73rd annual sessions -2017-page 38
8.H.G.D. Chandrakumara, N.S.M.P. Sadaruwan,Eng. P.R.Dadigamuwa, Eng. T.S.S.JatunnarachchiWast heat recovery from Printing Lehr of Glass Manufacturing Process-European journal of Advances in Engineering Technology, (www.ejaet.com), 2018,5(8):521-524
9. L.Y.S.S. Jayaweera, H.D.N.S. Priyankara, P.R. Dadigamuwa, Identification of defects in Aluminium profile using vision based system, Global Science Journal: Volume 8, Issue 7, July 2020, Online: ISSN 2320 9186
10.K.G.M. De Silva, Eng. P.R.Dadigamuwa and Mr. V.R. Jayasekara, Improving the Productivity of D-Brackets Manufacturing Process, Available online www.ejaet.com
European Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology, 2020, 7(8):17-20
BTech Honours in Engineering undergraduate projects