Dr. W.P.T.M. Wickramaarachchi
BSc. (Hons)-Colombo, PhD (University of Colombo)
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Department of Mathematics , New Technology Building, The Open University of Sri Lanka, Nawala, Nugegoda
Tel : +94112881000 (), +94718377861
I, WPTM Wickramaarachchi is a graduate from University of Colombo with a first class (Hons) in Mathematical Finance in year 2011. Then I immediately joinned the industry, served as a software quality engineer in Virtusa specialized in capital markets domain. It was my disired interest to do my further studies, I resigned Virtusa and joined the Department of Mathematics, University of Colombo as a PhD research assistant in 2012. There I followed my PhD research works in Applied Mathematics specialized in Mathematical Modeling with Differential Equations. I received HETC/W3 grant under world bank to carry out my research works as a full time research students for three years. I was able to complete my PhD degree in early 2016 with successful outcomes and international exposure.
In September 2015, I joined to the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, The Open University of Sri Lanka as a Lecturer(Probationary).
My research interests are Mathematical Modeling in Biology, Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems.
Level 3 Applied Mathematics in BSc Program: ADU3300, ADU3201,ADU3302
Area of Specialization Mathematical Modeling
Research Interests Mathematical Modeling in Biology, Dynamical Systems and Differential Equations
- Wickramaarchchi WPTM, Perera SSN (2014), “Modeling and Analysis of Dengue Disease Transmission in Urban Colombo: A Wavelets and Cross Wavelets Approach”, Journal of National Foundation, Volume 43, Isuue 4, pp 337-345, [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4038/jnsfsr.v43i4.7968]
- Wickramaarachchi WPTM, Perera SSN (2017), “Developing a Two-Dimensional Climate Risk Model for Dengue Disease Transmission in Urban Colombo”, Review Article, Journal of Basic and Applied Research International, International Knowledge Press, 20 (3), pp 168-177 [ISSN No: 2395-3438 (Print), 2395-3446 (Online)]
- Wickramaarachchi WPTM, Perera SSN (2017), “The nonlinear dynamics of the dengue mosquito reproduction with respect to climate in urban Colombo: a discrete time density dependent fuzzy model”, Int. J. Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Optimisation, Vol. 8, No. 2, Inderscience Publishers, pp 145-161 [DOI: 10.1504/IJMMNO.2017.10007737]
- Wickramaarachchi WPTM, Perera SSN (2017), “Impact of Climate Changes on Dynamics of Dengue Transmission in Sri Lanka”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Vol 117, Issue 11, [ISSN: 1311-8080 (printed version); ISSN: 1314-3395 (on-line version)]
- Wickramaarchchi WPTM, Perera SSN (2018), “A mathematical model with control to analyse the dynamics of
dengue disease transmission in urban Colombo”, Journal of National Foundation, Volume 46, Isuue 1, pp 41-49, [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4038/jnsfsr.v46i1.8264]
Conference Full Papers
- Wickramaarchchi WPTM, Perera SSN, Jayasinghe S (2014),”Investigating the impact of climate on dengue disease transmission in urban Colombo: A Fuzzy logic model”, 4th Annual International Conference on Computational Mathematics, Computational Geometry & Statistics (CMCGS 2015),Singapore, Full Paper pp 20-24 [doi: 10.5176/2251-1911_CMCGS15.10].
- Wickramaarachchi WPTM, Perera SSN (2017), “A non-probabilistic temperature dependent dynamic model for dengue transmission in urban Colombo”, International conference on Computational Modeling and Simulation 2017, Faculty of Science, University of Colombo, pp 137-140
- Wickramaarchchi WPTM, Perera SSN, Jayasinghe S, Karunanayake P, Kariyawasam P (2013), “Mathematical Modeling and Dengue: An analysis of Incidence of Dengue in Urban Colombo using Wavelet Approach” International Conference on Public Health Innovations, National Institute of Health Sciences, Sri Lanka, pp 49.
- Wickramaarchchi WPTM, Perera SSN, Jayasinghe S, Kariyawasam P (2013), “The influence of the human mobility for dengue disease transmission in Urban Colombo and bordering areas of Colombo: A cross wavelet approach” International Conference of Eastern University, Sri Lanka, pp 24.
- Wickramaarchchi WPTM, Perera SSN, Jayasinghe S, Karunanayake P, Kariyawasam P (2013), “The influence of climate variability on dengue transmission in urban Colombo: a cross wavelet approach”, Annual Research Symposium 2013,University of Colombo, pp 152.
- Wickramaarchchi WPTM, Perera SSN (2014), “Theoretical Model to determine dengue mosquito density: A Discrete – Time Dynamic Fuzzy System Approach”, International conference on nonlinear dynamics and its applications in physical and biological sciences, India, pp 62.
- Wickramaarchchi WPTM, Perera SSN (2014), “A local sensitivity analysis of the dynamic model for dengue disease transmission”, Annual Research Symposium 2014, University of Colombo pp 239.
- Wickramaarachchi WPTM, Perera SSN, Sumanasekara SL, Dematagoda NO (2014),”Analyzing the temperature variation in urban Colombo: A wavelet Approach”, Wayamba International Conference-WinC 2014, pp 92.
- Wickramaarachchi WPTM, Perera SSN (2015), “Nonlinear Dynamics of the Dengue Mosquito Propagation with respect to Climate Forces: A Discrete Time Density Dependent Fuzzy Model”, International Conference on Multidisciplinary Approaches (ICMA 2015), University of Sri Jayawardenepura.
- Wickramaarachchi WPTM, Perera SSN (2015), “A Rainfall Driven Dynamic Model to Predict Dengue Infections in Urban Colombo” Symposium on Bio-Mathematics 2015, ITB Indonesia, November 2015.
- Wickramaarchchi WPTM, Perera SSN (2011), “Development of an actuarially fair crop insurance model for paddy field sector in Sri Lanka”, Annual research symposium in 2011,Uva Wellassa University.
Non probabilistic modeling of the dynamics of dengue disease transmission.
- HETC QIG post graduate grant to follow the PhD degree from year 2012 to 2015.