- Enhancement of career development competencies of Open University students by organising career skill development workshops / seminars / personal career mentoring.
- Counseling on career exploration & planning for prospective students.
- Career Guidance / Counseling to all students from the first year onwards to focus on their future careers.
- Counseling with regard to behavioral competencies.
- To develop a database of online job training opportunities and job placement.
- Organize career fairs to provide opportunities for prospective employers to meet undergraduates and graduated students.
- Research to be conducted in assessing strengths and weaknesses of OUSL students who are employed with a view to increase their employability.
- Facilitation of student welfare activities
- A stand alone, Zero credit course to be introduced in view of creating a greater sense of professional responsibility, social responsiveness and ethical behavior among students.