University Bursary Selection Criteria
(Effective from Academic year 2016/2017)
The Open University of Sri Lanka is awarding Bursaries (University Bursary) to Students annually. The amount of the Bursary is 50% of the tuition fee paid by the student in the previous academic year for which the student is eligible. A student may be awarded a University Bursary only in two academic years, at different Levels of a study programme. Students shall be selected based on an application made by them on the basis of Merit and Need.
Eligibility Criteria for the Award of Bursary
- Student should have been registered for a programme of study of a minimum duration of two years. However, those registered in programmes leading to one from to another in a difference level (e.g. Certificate, Advanced Certificate to Diploma/Degree) may also be considered for selection.
- Student should have sat and attained a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 in the final examinations of courses adding up to a total of at least 15 credits at the particular Level in the previous year.
- Only courses considered for the final award of the programme will be taken to calculate the GPA.
- The gross family income of the student shall be less than Rs 500,000/= (Student shall submit a sworn statement that his/her family income is less than Rs. 500,000/=)
- No disciplinary action should have been taken against the student.
The University from time to time may make necessary amendments to the criteria while abiding by the guidelines proposed in this document.
Incomplete and illegible applications will be rejected without any enquiry.
Students are requested to hand over/post the application to the Student Welfare Division on or before two weeks.