General Inquiries: (+94) 011 2881 000 Exams/Certificates: (+94) 11-2881461 | (+94) 11-2881040 Regional Educational Services: Click Here
Advanced Certificate in Tamil as a Second Language
This programme focuses on developing the four major language skills, viz. listening, speaking, reading and writing and also the appropriate use of grammar. The programme also pays special attention to the needs of employees in the public sector and private sector who wish to improve their communication skills in Sinhala, in order that they may function more efficiently at their places of work. A variety of exercises, tasks and activities have been designed following the communicative method of language teaching. This has been especially designed for those whose first language is Sinhala.
➢ The study pack includes printed course materials and audio materials.
➢ This programme has been designed for self-study but is supported by weekend classroom sessions of 2 hours conducted at the Regional/ selected Study Centres.
The evaluation scheme consists of 2 Continuous Assessment Tests at regular intervals, and a Final Examination (Written & Oral). The CA component is mandatory
• Credit pass or above in Tamil as a Second Language at G.C.E. (O/L) Examination in the old syllabus/ new syllabus, or
• Successfully completed the Basic course in Tamil conducted by the OUSL, or
• Successfully completed the Certificate in Tamil as a Second Language conducted by the OUSL, or
• Obtained a credit (C) passes in the language proficiency test (Part I, Part II, Part III) conducted by the Ministry of National Languages and Social Integration, or
• An equivalent or higher educational and professional qualification acceptable to the Senate.